Thursday, April 23, 2009

Wool Jungle Dreads, How about real soon?

My nephew, a proud graduate of FIDM - The Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising, wore his hair in dreadlocks for I don't remember how long. He's tall with blue eyes and red-blond hair and he is not an introvert. :) I really love fiber arts and wool roving.

I have some and look forward to using it in my jewelry making. Right now it sits in little potato-sized colorful 'clouds' deep in my supply closet just waiting to be used. "Pick me!" I'm sure it's thinking whenever I open the door. Nope, not yet. The little ball I have that is 'cotton candy' color looks dangerously close to to what it is called and I have a real sweet tooth!

I found Jungle Dreads. They create wool dreads, "all made by hand so you can choose any color, length, thickness or style you want." Their selection is big and so colorful. Some of their Art-Yarn Dreads remind me of old-fashioned candy sticks!

Their site includes a FAQ, color selector and tutorial. I'd suggest a visit just to see what they've come up with. The dreads aren't even all that they offer, but it may give you some ideas.
























Candy photo:
SweetFactory.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome and thanks for visiting.

Please keep your comments topical & respectful. We can't accept links or be responsible for content of comments.