Friday, April 17, 2009

The knife ran away with the spoon, and wound up at our house!

It happened again today. As I was unloading the dishwasher. This time it was {insert creepy Psycho-type music here...} A Knife!! This wasn't one of our knives. It wasn't anything like one of our knives. But it was in our dishwasher. We now have four or five rogue forks, spoons and now this knife in with our own. How and why does this happen? Is it only us?

I have to admit that I don't count them so maybe a few of ours have jumped ship and have gone to live elsewhere. The odd serving spoon, that I can understand. A pot luck at the office. A picnic and you decide to bring something so you're assured there will bring something you're apt to want to eat. But plain old knives and forks and spoons? I can't explain it. Please tell me it isn't only us. Tines like these try a woman's patience.

My husband and I are total opposites. He never loses one of a pair of socks. He has them trained. They just would not dare. They're mated for life. Aw, so sweet. No sock puppets in his future. Once recently he encountered a brief time of SSA - Sock Separation Anxiety, as he sat across the room from me just having finished sorting freshly washed laundry. "You must have taken it," he told me.

Turned out that I actually had it! I was a sock-napper!! Can they put you away for that? We have two kittens who routinely take the strangest things, items larger than they are. They drag them far under the bed so no one can find them. [Like the kitten versions of those men on the World's Strongest Man competition when they pull airplanes down the street.]

Anyway, I was the one who'd 'relocated' that darn sock. If you did it by mistake, maybe they'd go easy on you. I think that if properly investigated, it will be discovered that the phenomena of missing socks and multiplying silverware may somehow be related.

So if you're missing one spoon, one fork, one knife, please don't hesitate to contact me. Send a description of said utensil. You could send a photo of its brothers and sisters. I assume they're missing their kin terribly. Are you holding one of ours hostage?

Cue music.... The Supremes..... "Baby, Baaaaaby..... Where did my fork go???"


No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome and thanks for visiting.

Please keep your comments topical & respectful. We can't accept links or be responsible for content of comments.