Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Movie Musicals Decades Still Singing about Money

80 years : 3 Dance numbers, Songs about money in the movies

Gold Diggers of 1933



We're In the Money 


Excerpt:

We're in the money,
We're in the money;
We've got a lot of what it takes to get along!
We're in the money,
The sky is sunny;
Old Man Depression, you are through,
You done us wrong!

Film features Joan Blondell, Aline MacMahon, Ruby Keeler, Ginger Rogers




Cabaret 1972



Money
 

Excerpt:
A mark, a yen, a buck, or a pound
A buck or a pound
A buck or a pound
Is all that makes the world go around,
That clinking clanking sound
Can make the world go 'round.


Liza Minnelli, Joel Grey


Mamma Mia 2008
  
Money, Money, Money

Excerpt:
In my dreams I have a plan
If I got me a wealthy man
I wouldn't have to work at all, I'd fool around and have a ball...
Money, money, money
Must be funny
In the rich man's world


Meryl Streep, Christine Baranski, Amanda Seyfried

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome and thanks for visiting.

Please keep your comments topical & respectful. We can't accept links or be responsible for content of comments.